Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"What I was, and what I am". The writings of a younger me.

This was up on Facebook until now. Thought I'd put it up here :)

What I was, And What I am.


I used to live a life
I used a live a dream
People used to look up to me
And some even envied me...

Now Im lost and hopeless
Trying to find a way
Its amazing that I'm still trying
When others faith would have given way

I used to smile a smile
I had a laugh that made thunder shy
People now wonder
What it is that makes me cry

Little do they realize
What they have done
They've used and thrown me aside
Like a half eaten bun

I used to have friends
I used to have foes
Now I don't know who is who
And have lost faith in my own home

I used to have you by my side
To support and care for me
Now you seem to have disappeared
Caring more about what they think than me

I used to be loved
I used to be adored
Now Ive been thrown aside by you
Coz now you have no need for me

Dont you see that I'm not wrong?
Dont you see that I've not sinned?
Ive been paying for your selfish needs
And your every whim

You care more of what others think
Not giving heed to my words
I'm doin what I know is right I say!
But when no one stands by me....I'm like a flightless bird

I've had my fill
Whats done is done
Is it that you don't care??
Or is it that I ain't a "someone"

But I'm telling everyone of you
That I'll still be there for each one
I'll stay here till you understand
That for me, your a special one

*****************

I now live my life
I'm now gonna live a dream
People will look up to me
and some will envy me

I was once, lost and helpless
Was trying to find a way
Its amazing that I tried so much
When others faith would have given way

I now smile a smile
I have a laugh that makes thunder shy
People now wonder
what it is that makes me smile

I used to have friends
I used to have foes
Now i know who is who
And have faith in my own home

I no longer care
What others think and do
Because, today?
It is I, who rule...

2 comments:

  1. well..
    though I couldn't relate to the part where u talk about a "someone", I did relate to the part before..and hence I felt you had given words to some part of my life.
    And i hope, the part that follows (the changed you)...is what comes into my life soon.
    interesting post..
    you have got poetry in you..and I never knew

    ReplyDelete